April 10, 2009

25 Things

This is absolutely self-indulgent. For those of you on Facebook you've seen this before. Bare with me it may be interesting to someone, like my mom, and you may learn something new about me. Here is a list of 25 completely random facts about me.

1. My husband and I have Tetris wars in bed when we can’t sleep. I hold most of the high scores and it drives him crazy.
2. My pet peeves are numbers left on the microwave and food left on dishes that come out of the clean dishwasher.
3. I have diabetes and it sucks, I admit I use it as an excuse to bring snacks to church on fast Sunday, actually every Sunday.
4. I love being a mom! My son is so friendly and handsome. He makes me think I want all boys. Boy moms rule!
5. I love eating out.
6. I love to cook but am often disappointed if my attempts do not live up to restaurant quality.
7. I have an uncontrollable need to please people. I am uncomfortable talking to salesman. I feel like I will let them down if I don’t buy what they are selling.

8. One of my goals is to find the perfect recipe for sugar cookies. Soft and chewy, but not too thick. The frosting has to be perfectly sweet and the ideal counterpart to the cookie.
9. I like it when people tell me I look like Snow White. It makes me feel better about being so pale.

10. My husband makes me happy.

11. I love playing cards, especially with my grandparents and my aunts. You show a true side of yourself when you're playing cards.

12. My sister Cassie is spirited and strong willed. I love her.

13. My brother Mason is a gentleman and a chef, watch out ladies.

14. I count the lines on the freeway, I guess that shows a little of my OCD side.
15. I often don’t say the right thing, but I always think of the perfect thing to say the next day as I’m going over the situation in my head.

16. I like feminine, girly things like pink jewelry, cute ribbons and flowers.

17. I have two fantastic girlfriends, Susie and Steph, they continue to be a great blessing in my life.
18. I have never dyed my hair.
19. I know that the church of Jesus Christ is true and the happiness that I have in my life is because I know the true gospel.

20. I love to read, mostly young adult fiction like The Giver or InkHeart, but I also enjoy the Twilight series, Confessions of a Shopaholic, or something good by Jodi Picoult.

21. I don’t like eating warm cookies that just came out of the oven. I’d rather eat the dough.
22. I love playing board games and watching romantic comedies. I love my husband for being a good sport and doing both with me.

23. My favorite season is fall. I love the anticipation for the holidays and the bright autumn colors. I wish it was jacket weather all year round.
24. I am a terrible driver. I am aggressive and impatient. I have been lucky though to have had a minimal number of tickets in my life. See #25

25. I have been pulled over a considerable number of times more than I have actually gotten ticketed. I'm not proud of it, but I may have a little knack for getting out of tickets.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these things. I learned a lot about my long lost friend. We have a lot in common! I especially loved the one about you and your husband playing tetris :) Could you teach me how to get out of tickets? I have not ONCE done that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning all these new things about you! I already knew about your love of being a mom it shows every time I see you with Bennett. Mom

    ReplyDelete