Mystery Spots
Ben had a case of mystery spots this last weekend. It all started about 10 days ago when I took him in for his 12 month shots. They gave him 6, two in each leg and one in each arm. OUCH! That's a lot for a little guy, but he took it like a man. Ben seemed fine until last Fiday night. He had a fever and threw-up twice. Then Saturday he acted fine and his fever was gone. But then Sunday morning Nathan and I noticed these little spots on his face, chest and back. After talking to the nurse we decided it was either a mild case of the chicken pox or a reaction to the MMR shot. Several people I've talked to have said the same thing happened to their child after their first MMR shot. Ben had his first vaccine for chicken pox and MMR, so I don't know what it was. I do know that it is the hardest thing to see your child be sick. I hate it! But kids are resilient and I'm glad for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment