July 6, 2009

God Bless America

Happy 4th of July! We had such a fun day. My brother Mason and I went to Deer Creek with my Aunt Amanda, Uncle Tim, and cousins: Katie, McKayla and Kyle. It was freezing when we got up there so we put on our wet suits before we got in the water.
My tiny cousin McKayla should model those things, doesn't she look hot:) We got thrown around on the tube and I got up on the wake board, which I really wanted to do. Later my family went up to Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jeff's cabin in Fairview. They have three acres of beautiful land and an incredible view. We went four-wheeling and BBQ'd some hamburgers. The boys went shooting for a few hours and then we played some games and waited for the fireworks to start. We had a great view of the Manti and Fairview city fireworks. However, the best firework show came before the city fireworks started. There was the most amazing lightning. It filled the entire sky, it was awesome! Ben had a fun day, he thought we was a king riding on the four-wheeler. Then I let him crawl around in the dirt and eat rocks, he kept looking around like "am I really getting away with this?" It was a long day for all of us, which I've been paying for. My muscles are so sore and I have a really bad sunburn, but I would do it all again. While we were out on the four-wheelers I was thinking how lucky we are not only to be spending time with family, but to be in such a beautiful place. I genuinely am grateful for my circumstance and for my freedoms. And then to think about how so many people around the USA were probably thinking the same thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment