If there is anyone out there that still checks our blog for updates, don't give up on me.
I want to be better. I will be better.
Last week Ben had a rough go. He was not only suffering from his second cold/ear infection, he had to have an MRI. For the last few weeks his doctor has been monitoring his head growth and she decided it was growing too fast. It concerned her enough that she ordered him to have an MRI asap. I was leery at first. I never felt like there was anything wrong with Ben. Once he was small, now he is growing tall, tall, tall. Nathan and I decided it is better to be safe than sorry and we went ahead with it. Hoping that the peace of mind that comes from knowing everything is okay would counteract the $$$ bill. His appointment was for 9 am in the morning. He had to be awake four hours before the appointment and he had to have an empty stomach. The only part that made me nervous about this whole thing was that he had to be sedated. Since he had been awake since 5 am he was already dosing off, but they gave him something orally which put him to sleep. He was in the MRI machine for about 35 minutes.


Last week Ben had a rough go. He was not only suffering from his second cold/ear infection, he had to have an MRI. For the last few weeks his doctor has been monitoring his head growth and she decided it was growing too fast. It concerned her enough that she ordered him to have an MRI asap. I was leery at first. I never felt like there was anything wrong with Ben. Once he was small, now he is growing tall, tall, tall. Nathan and I decided it is better to be safe than sorry and we went ahead with it. Hoping that the peace of mind that comes from knowing everything is okay would counteract the $$$ bill. His appointment was for 9 am in the morning. He had to be awake four hours before the appointment and he had to have an empty stomach. The only part that made me nervous about this whole thing was that he had to be sedated. Since he had been awake since 5 am he was already dosing off, but they gave him something orally which put him to sleep. He was in the MRI machine for about 35 minutes.
Then he woke up and he was his perfectly happy normal self.
10 months old.
He remains to be the most pleasant, easy-going happy little baby.
Mommy's tough guy.
Glad everything is okay. How scarey to have to see your little guy sedated going through an MRI machine. Good to see you on here again.
ReplyDeleteWow! That must have been a tough wait until you found out. I'm glad you got good results though.
ReplyDeleteI am glad he is ok. We are always thinking about you guys. We miss you all. I can't believe how big he is. He is so handsome. You need to get some pictures of your little family. Love you and miss you.
ReplyDelete