May 14, 2009

Tulie Bakery

This is my tiny claim to fame. My mom's best friend from high school opened a bakery in Salt Lake. The bakery is called Tulie Bakery, inspired by her four year old son. She has been learning and creating recipes for years. She has been to San Fransisco & Chicago learning technique and tips from pastry chef's. It is such a fun place to go! I went a couple of weeks ago and of course I wanted to try everything. I had one panini sandwich, one sugar cookie, one chocolate sandwich cookie, one slice of carrot cake, one giant croissant, part of a cream puff, part of a chocolate tart and a few bites of cheesecake. I know it sounds like the Very Hungry Caterpillar book, but when you go there, you will understand and will want to try everything. Not to mention the carrot cake and cheesecake that she sent home with us. On an earlier trip I tasted one of her specialties called a morning bun, they are scrumptious. I've also tried rice pudding, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, ginger bread...everything is delish! Also, I believe she just got an ice cream machine. I can't believe after all of that I only have a picture of this croissant. Well, it is a beautiful croissant and delicious, it had melted cheese and ham hiddin inside.Tulie Bakery is located at 863 East 700 South in Salt Lake. You can go to tuliebakery.com to see their hours. They are closed on Mondays. I highly recommend checking it out, even for my Utah County friends, it's worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment